Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
READ THIS FIRST - FORUM GUIDELINES
Hi everyone and welcome to RoboDK's forum.

This is by far the best place to ask your RoboDK related questions and we are always happy to help you.

To improve everyone's experience, we want to set a series of guidelines anyone posting here needs to follow.
Following those will help you get better and faster answers from the community and the moderator team.

1 - Search Tool
Thousands of questions where asked and answer since de creation of this forum. Before posting a new question, make sure someone else didn't have the same issue before you.

In the top left section of your screen, you can find a search icon. Use it with a few keywords to browse related topics. You will get your answer much faster this way compared to posting and waiting for us to answer.

Google search is also a very good way to find stuff on our forum. I personally use both methods all the time.

2 - Documentation and training material
At RoboDK we believe providing as much documentation and training material for free is the best way for our users to use our software to its full potential. That is if you, the user, take the time to look at said documentation and training material.

Here's the link forRoboDK Online Documentation
Here's the link forRoboDK API Documentation

I'm also working pretty hard to create a complete RoboDK Professional training.
You can find the link to the drive here:RoboDK Professional training
If you open the Excel sheet, you will find over 20 modules covering most aspects of the software.
I split every module into videos of 5 to 15 minutes with a specific theme so that you can get the information you are looking for. You can also find the related files (.rdk station and others) on the drive.

Last thing, take a look at ourYoutube Channel.
There're many tutorials explaining how certain aspects of RoboDK works.

3 - Post in the right forum section
There are five sections to this forum, please try to use the right section for your thread.
- General
Any technical question that is not API-related.
- API
Any API-related question (python, C, C++, C#, Matlab).
- Bugs
If you find a Bug, please report it so we can fix it with the next release.
- New Features Requests
Something could be improved? A tool is missing? A robot is missing? This is the best section to ask for improvement. Many of the things suggested in the past made their way to RoboDK.
- Community
Launches, general discussion, non-technical stuff.

4 - Clear Issue Description
This one might seem obvious, but the better you describe your issue, the better we can help you with it.
"It doesn't work" is not an issue we can help you with.
Help us help you. Give us something to work with.
Clearly describe the situation, what you are trying to accomplish, what you did so far, what are the roadblocks you are facing.
And this brings me to my next point

5 -附加打印屏幕、照片、录音、.rdkstations
“图片抵得上一千字”
It's often way easier to simply show you what you see on screen by grabbing the Windows Snipping tool (please don't take a picture of your screen with your phone...) then explaining everything with words.

Attaching files to the forum can be a bit tricky, but here's a quick guide on how to do so.

A -Save your file in a supported format (.rdk station are valid format)
Here's how you can create a print screen using Window Snipping Tool. Please give meaningful name.

B -In your post, you can add a file by selecting "Choose Files" at the button of your screen.

C -Select your file.

D -Press "Add Attachment." If you skip this step your file won't be added to your post.

E -Your file is now part of your post and will appear at the buttom of the page. You can insert files and images directly in your post to improve clarity by pressing "Insert Into Post."

F -The image will be added where your cursor was when you pressed "Insert Into Post."
G -Here's the final result with the image added in the post and a .rdk station attached.

You can use free software like OBS and upload it as a private YouTube link or drive link for video recording. Same goes for live recording of robots.

If you follow those guidelines, you will get better results on this forum.

As always, I'm happy to help you guys.
Have a great day guys.
Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting ourOnline Documentationand by watching tutorials on ourYoutube Channel.